My Photo
Name:
Location: Aotearoa, New Zealand

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

meals with brothers

Lunch with my little little brother and dinner with my big little brother. Tho of course both are bigger than me these days. And the littler one is bigger than the big one. But I can still bully them both. Neither seemed happy today. Maybe just tired. Sometimes its so hard to tell with family!

Just had the most pointless online chat with Dan. Now that i'm Mac-ing it, I use Adium and so this little bird bobs up and down in the dock to let me know that my friends have important virtual things to say to me. However that conversation felt like it had every second word missing or something. His usual air of barrelling in with sweet smile and crazy behaviour and me bemused but kinda wanting to strangle that flapping little bird distracting me from the work I was doing - and then he winds up with something like "chur thug life gotta gap CATCH U!!"

I guess I'm just feeling out of sorts and am not communicating well - I had a weird moment with Cam last night too. Had just got back from dinner after the preview screening for "Out of the Blue" and started bawling when he asked how the film had been. Then we started talking about the movie as a piece of art and as a story that does (or doesn't) need to be told and the way in which New Zealanders deal with tragedy and I was in a right tizz and just wanted to get stuff off my chest rather than properly talk about the morals of it, speshly as i'm somewhat conflicted as its such a brilliantly made film.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I happen to like the notifications that the little Adium duck provides. It's a duck, by the way, not a bird. And you can change its colour.

You can also download other icons from here: http://www.adiumxtras.com/index.php?a=search&cat_id=1

I just installed Hobbes, everyone's favourite imaginary friend slash tiger.

Mon Sep 18, 10:34:00 PM  
Blogger Bel said...

you calvinator. isn't a duck a type of bird??

i didn't realise it was a duck thing at first-i thought the peak shape at the top was the beak. like one of those ceramic things someone incredibly dometic would use to vent when baking a pastry pie. yes?

and of course i changed the colour already. to red.

thanks for the link -i chose Sponge Bob- at least he is endearingly annoying.

Wed Sep 20, 10:57:00 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Spongebob was at this party and he was rocking it, and at the same time there was another party that was being rocked by the party that Spongebob was at.

I approve.

Sat Sep 23, 02:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home