My Photo
Name:
Location: Aotearoa, New Zealand

Saturday, January 27, 2007

bring back the beat

Early last year, I found a great mp3 blog which had enough of the kind of music I was into, but you could still trust his taste enough to check out the stuff you hadn't heard of too... One of those great internet finds.

Then I had the great PC debacle of 2006, where two computers went haywire under my care and I lost track of all my Favourites/bookmarks/so forth and couldn't for the life of me remember where this electronic treasure trove was located. But joy of joys I recently stumbled over it again!

So Much Silence gets updated pretty much everyday and always has tracks you can download and good solid info about what you're listening to. Kevin, who runs the site, leans heavily towards hip hop, which makes me very happy, but there is plenty of that indie rock/alt folk stuff that we all seem to be digging at the mo.

Kevin has some crazy contraption where his record player is hooked up straight to his computer, so is able to have available mp3s of vinyl releases, which is pretty cool - speshly for those of us in far away NZ who may never get our hands on the record anyways.

And can I just say that this post made more me excited about television than I have been in a long time?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger tpants & cballs! said...

sorry to be off topic, but..

SEE YOU AT CAMP!!!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 27, 02:32:00 PM  
Blogger mcgeady said...

Oh dear, say no to folk-rock, or alt-folk or whatever you call it....its the work of the devil, but not in his usualy cool, heavy metal kinda way....

Sat Jan 27, 04:49:00 PM  
Blogger mcgeady said...

Furthermore...anybody living in/near Auckland should (as much as you'll listen to a reccommentation by me ;-) go and see 'Isis' play at the Kings Arms on Feb 10. They are cool, but not in a Dragonforce theme...
mrky

Sat Jan 27, 04:55:00 PM  
Blogger Bel said...

Tanys m'dear, I will not be A Low Humming! My boss has oh so thoughtfully booked me in to be trained to train on the Monday before Tuesday's public holiday... therefore robbing me of the opportunity for a 4-day wknd.
*thinks evil thoughts about otherwise lovely boss*
Do you know if you can just go there for a night or two??

And McGeady - does this look like the Steel Cold Metallers Inc Message Board Of Doom?? NO IT DOES NOT!!

Sheesh :P

Sat Jan 27, 06:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home