My Photo
Name:
Location: Aotearoa, New Zealand

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Breaking news:

My grandma has bought herself a pony for Christmas.

Mum told me on the phone this afternoon. I was like, "Oh wow. AWESOME."

And I asked her old Grandma is, just to check how long it'd be before i clock up sufficient mana to make those kind of impulse purchases. (Because if I know my grandmother, I know this wasn't something that had a lot of forward planning).

Mum said, "Seventy-eight" and then she did one of those snort-laughs and continued: "Seventy, going on eight".

Both an aunty and a cousin have brand spanking new babies to show off this year at our family Christmas in Wanganui, but I think Grandma has pipped them at the post.

I sure know what's gonna be holding my attention... Boring slug-like baby that can't even hold itself up, let alone converse, or fun pretty PONY?! :D Bring on next weekend!!


PS: Grandma's website is here if you're interested (hasn't been updated in a while, no pony pics sorry).

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have the coolest Grandma in the world!

Sounds like an amazingly fun christmas day. I don't think there's going to be a wrapped-up little kitty for me this year, so I'd spend all the time with the pony.

I got our cat a little name tag with our phone number on it, but he's not allowed to go missing before Christmas (he has to wait like everyone else).

Sun Dec 17, 06:56:00 PM  
Blogger ZeldaZ said...

a pony??? this i have got to see!

Mon Dec 18, 08:18:00 PM  
Blogger Bel said...

Yes, she is definitely the coolest Grandma I have :D

Are you one of those NO GIFTS BEFOREHAND nazis, aye Rebecca?? Why am I not surprised?! :P I have been given one present in advance so far & have exerted unheard of control in not ripping in to shreds. Yet.

And - yes - if you can't make it to Wangas, Zelda, & any others, I do intend on taking a BLITZ of photos of the pony! fret not! :D

Mon Dec 18, 09:34:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

this is funny because I seem to remember you saying on more than one occasion something about a pony being the best gift (as if it was completely unobtainable).
your nana rocks!

Mon Dec 18, 09:35:00 PM  
Blogger Lou said...

Awesome.

Thu Dec 21, 01:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home