My Photo
Name:
Location: Aotearoa, New Zealand

Friday, February 02, 2007

How Steph Ruined My Day:

Lou blogged about Glastonbury and I was all "you know how I know you're gay... you like Coldplay" and then Steph was like "oh well you should Google this other festival, Bel..." and that's how I found out about Coachella and now my day is ruined.

And there I was thinking that being woken up three times between 4.55am and 6.15am couldn't be topped. CONGRATULATIONS STEPH.

In case you are lazy, here is an abbreviated list:

  • Bjork
  • Interpol
  • Arctic Monkeys
  • Jarvis Cocker
  • DJ Shadow
  • Peaches
  • Rufus Wainwright
  • El-P
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Gillian Welch
  • Amy Winehouse
  • Red Hot Chili Peppers
  • the Arcade Fire
  • the Decemberists
  • Kings Of Leon
  • Gotan Project
  • Blonde Redhead
  • Regina Spektor
  • Hot Chip
  • Ghostface Killah
  • CocoRosie
  • Rage Against The Machine
  • Manu Chao
  • Air
  • Happy Mondays
  • Willie Nelson
  • the Roots
  • Crowded House
  • Kaiser Chiefs
  • Placebo
  • Lily Allen
  • Jose Gonzalez
  • Ratatat
  • the Kooks
  • CSS
  • Lupe Fiasco

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some laminating to do and then I intend on finding myself a corner of the office in which to cry myself to sleep.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well yes there are some good reasons about living on the other side of the world...
So make you feel all wanted I would like to officially invite you to join me at our own "coachella" the Cuba St Carnival. I'll even try to sneak you backstage....

Fri Feb 02, 01:55:00 PM  
Blogger Bel said...

That would indeed help to undo some of the ruinage.

I'm also trying to console myself with thoughts of WOMAD - but then I remember that that glorious weekend also means missing Roots Manuva here in Welly!

WHEN WILL THE TORMENT END??!

*sobs more, hiccuping way into deep slumber*

Fri Feb 02, 03:38:00 PM  
Blogger Lou said...

Sob.

And I just know I'll miss out on Glastonbury tickets, by forgetting or something...

And then I'll be too lazy to sort other events, and too indie / anti-corporate to be able to possibly go to V and support the wankers who run it in an apparently abhorrent and disgusting unethical way.

And my summer will be over and it will be winter again and I'll cry.

Sat Feb 03, 06:44:00 AM  
Blogger Richard D. Bartlett said...

RAtM and Crowded House!? It's a coup I say a coup!

Wed Feb 07, 10:05:00 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

Louise is officially our ticket buyer for Glastobury, so I am just letting you all publicly know that if I don't get to go I will blame her personally.

Of course, in a nice, loving way.

Sorry I ruined your day Bel, if it helps I cried when I saw that beauteous line up too. And photos of One Love, deets on Cuba St Carnival *sigh*...

Sun Feb 11, 11:56:00 PM  
Blogger Bel said...

Aah Steph - all is forgiven. I wish you best of luck for the mudfest that is Gbury ;)

The line-up's changed for SummerSet too- its now just those boring old farts FFD, so am feeling slightly more placated about the whole situation.

There has been a lot of crying in this Comments section...we are all a bit EMO it seems!! bahahaha

Mon Feb 12, 08:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home