My Photo
Name:
Location: Aotearoa, New Zealand

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Subject: bubble wrap yourself

I sent my mum this link and got this letter back:

crazy girl pop pop pop bang. How's the poetry anthology coming on? What little sprog did your associate have? Daveman tells me you've been very busy.
Finished AHWOSG, ended up forgiving the guy for swearing so much and loving him because he raised Toph the best way he could. Damnit, I'm one of those people that would ask at a book signing how Toph is faring!
Love you xxxxxxx
Mum

The book she mentions is Dave Eggers' memoir, A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius. If I haven't recommended that you read this book, then I don't actually like you.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Lou said...

I feel like such a criminal for not having yet read this book even though you have OBVIOUSLY recommended it to me HUNDREDS of times as you like me very very much.

Sat Nov 11, 02:56:00 AM  
Blogger Bel said...

Dang it, Lou - even when I went to Unity that time and ordered 3 copies in one go you didn't take me seriously!!

I. Lovbe. This. Book.

Also - he's just co-written the Where The Wild Things Are script that Spike Jonze is directing, so you know that's good value...

Sat Nov 11, 11:14:00 PM  
Blogger Lou said...

Well if you'd told me you LOVBE it I would have gotten it a year ago... will keep my eye out next time I'm in a bookstore (after finishing the classic I am currently reading)(being a classic it will undoubtedly take me 5 times as long as contemporary books do).

Tue Nov 14, 03:13:00 AM  
Blogger Lou said...

Well if you'd told me you LOVBE it I would have gotten it a year ago... will keep my eye out next time I'm in a bookstore (after finishing the classic I am currently reading)(being a classic it will undoubtedly take me 5 times as long as contemporary books do).

Tue Nov 14, 03:13:00 AM  
Blogger Lou said...

I have no idea why that posted twice.

Tue Nov 14, 03:14:00 AM  
Blogger Bel said...

Yeah but you are lovbely so i forgive you for the double-up :)

Be careful when you do track the book down - you MUST get the latest edition which has an appendix on the flipside, called Mistakes We Knew We Were Making.
The upside-down back cover was completely different on each of the 3 copies I got in, so its a delicious pick n mix... And you only look like a slight fool spinning the book around, flicking btwn the actual novel and the new section! :D

Tue Nov 14, 10:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home