My Photo
Name:
Location: Aotearoa, New Zealand

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Timing (published poem)

Timing

my shoes off & feet up on the dash
driving along in the dark
enjoying the ribbon of open road
feeling like a spaceship
moving between planets
you & me being careful with our oxygen

wanting you to reach over & take my hand
holding my breath every time
you change gears





This poem was published as part of a ragtag collection that was called '50c Mixture' for an online journal, Intersection.
After a few issues being published by the esteemed Eds. McGeady & Schott, the site now looks like its under construction, so I thought I'd take the liberty of putting it up here.
The poem has been 'under construction' too, with extra stanzas pruned and grafted elsewhere, plus the rearranging that has gone on with what's left within.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home