My Photo
Name:
Location: Aotearoa, New Zealand

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I snuck off work early

by which I mean 5pm (whoo!!) and met Ebony for a beer in the sun at St John's. Okay, in the sun and the wind. This is Wellington. And even if November is finally starting to act like the start of summer, we are still here in the undeniable Te Whanganui-a-Tara. There had been a planned rendezvous with Sam to farewell his departure to go off to Spain but he was running late, as was Ebony intially, which meant I was sitting there all on my ralph with the largest glass of Heinken ever, wearing my broken heart necklace to boot.
(This accompanying pic was taken earlier today as part of demonstrating just how upset I was at how inaccessible Plum's white choc and raspberry muffins are now).

Anyway, as a result of my eagle eyes and impulsive cellphone dialling, we soon had more company, appropriate and otherwise. We discussed a certain rumour which turned out to be completely false - the source of the spreading was present, as was the subject of the rumour - so a case of 'too good to be true' muahaha and yet general consensus was the rumour was also too good to be stopped in tracks. Please contact me for further unfounded details.

I eventually dragged myself away as I realised I had to cook tea for the boys and when I rung home to apologise to my tardiness i found out that SIMON WAS BACK!!! and this made me very excited very VERY excited and i pretty mcuh invited everyone that I'd been drinking with & everyone in hearing distance to come back for dinner, that I'd cook for them all THEM ALL YES!
However, only Sam took me up on the offer. Thank god.
as I have had two rather large beers and am in capable of doing anything other than typing this rubbish while waiting for Hell Pizza to deliver (anyone who is aware of the location of our flat in relation to the nearest branch will be HORRIFIED by this, however,THINK OF THE HILL, PEOPLE!!) and occasionally nuzzling with Simon and listening to the boys play cards and say things like:

andrew: we're the African Ice Bees!
cam: no you're just the Africans... and we're the Willies.. and we're gonna score Bel too. She gets 200 just for coming home so boozed and not cooking us any tea. This may be reviewed once the pizza arrives.

Ok that's all for now but LATEr I shall write about The Departed, which I finally saw last night (lou - where ARE you - we must discuss!), and also I want to talk about comic books. Because I love them so much right now.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Lou said...

Comic books...?

The Departed rules.

And immediately email me with the details on the rumour, and the appropriate and otherwise people, etc. IMMEDIATELY.

And crikey dick is the pizza thing hilarious - I was like 'no! Bel offering to cook for everyone...? Surely I am reading this wrong!'. Pizza. Bingo.

Wed Nov 29, 01:41:00 AM  
Blogger Bel said...

I CAN and DO cook on a regular basis...SO THERE!
However, ordering delivery pizza online and making Sam pay with his credit card is a faaar more pleasing option MUAHAHAHAHAH :D

Email is yet to be despatched - SORRY - will inform you of real life rumours that i know for a fact are false as soon as poss.

Comics books....? OH YES. For the last month or so, we've been having regular dates at Kieran's to feast upon his collection. Seriously, me, right now: no novel, just this

Wed Nov 29, 09:41:00 PM  
Blogger Lou said...

Really?! Like, really? Can Cam or someone come in here and verify this so-called 'cooking'?

;-P

So would I like this 'comic' thing? Or should I just wait for the cinema adaptation?

I am currently bogged down in a 'classic' piece of literature - Jude the Obscure. Had found it really hard and slow going (and wondered at its so-called classic status) but suddenly it popped into place and became rather subversive.

Wed Nov 29, 11:40:00 PM  
Blogger Bel said...

Did you just think it was gonna be a Jude Law biography? :P

Do not pass GO, do not collect $200 - get thee to a nunnery and take some graphic novels with you!!
Most film adaptations of comic books are slated by the fans - and I cannot imagine Joe Sacco's stuff in particular making it to the silver screen.

Thu Nov 30, 09:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home